Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Nick Verreos on NBC-LA , Local Japanese TV UTB Hollywood (KSCI-TV) and Telemundo-LA & CNN International!!


Oscars Red Carpet and Oscars Costumes--The TV Wrap Up...

A Perfect Portrait: KNBC News Anchors Chuck Henry, Colleen Henry and FIDM Spokesperson/Fashion Designer Nick Verreos, KNBC-TV 5 o'clock News

Last week was the 83rd Annual Academy Awards and I was happy to be part of the "Red Carpet Coverage" madness--as the "Fashion Guy" for TV Guide Network's "Academy Award Red Carpet LIVE Show hosted by Chris Harrison" as well as being on the "Fashion Wrap" Panel the following day with Paulina Porizkova, Tabatha Coffey and Miss Daisy Fuentes.

SKYPE Ensemble: Nick Verreos SKYPES from his office for CNN International

In the lead-up to and after I was inundated with requests to go on local TV and even SKYPE (my FIRST TIME!!!) to CNN International's "World Report with Anjali Rao" program!--and give my Nick "Two Cents" on the 2011 Oscars Red Carpet. In addition, as you know, the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising/FIDM ( the College I teach at and also my Alma Mater) has their fabulous "19Th Annual Art of Motion Picture Costume Design" Exhibition showing the Oscar-nominated costumes plus many more (about 100 costumes in total!).

Grecian God-dess: Nick Verreos at the FIDM "Art of Motion Picture Costume Design" Exhibition

The week before the Awards, the FIDM Museum & Galleries also received A TON of press requests from Local News Services (as well as all over the World) and being that I am their Official Spokesperson, I was happy to be "their guy". You can see what I did for KNBC-LA Sunday Weekend News HERE as well as Fox-LA Channel 11 "Good Day LA" HERE but there was more:

KNBC-LA Channel 4-5 o'clock News with Chuck Henry & Colleen Williams:

Discussing Fashion: Chuck Henry, Colleen Williams and Nick Verreos discussing the 2011 Oscars Red Carpet Fashions

The wonderful people at KNBC-LA invited me over (second time in a row!) to their Burbank Studios to on be on the 5 o'clock News with anchors Chuck Henry and Colleen Williams to talk about my opinions on the "Best " and "Has Room For Improvement" of the 2011 Oscars Red Carpet. I cannot say this enough: Colleen and Chuck are THE BEST! First of all, such pros and second of all, so welcoming, so sweet and may I add, surprisingly insightful with their fashion opinions (Yes, I mean you Chuck!).

The lovely KNBC staff (OK, the amazing make-up artist!), even put me in my own "Green Room" which I heard was "reserved" for bigwigs. I think since there was no Brad Pitt or Donald Trump in sight, at the time, I was the closest thing to a "bigwig" (wink wink!).

KNBC-TV Green Room

I felt so special with my own Vanity Table and mini fridge. Needless to say, I never got use the Vanity Table nor the fridge! But thank you again for having me and for the fun "Oscar Red Carpet Fashion" talk! Can't wait to do it again Colleen and Chuck!

Telemundo-LA "Acceso Total" Entertainment show:


During that week leading up to the Oscars, I did so many TV interviews with local and foreign press at the FIDM "Oscars Costume Exhibition", I lost track. There was Russian, Chinese, Korean, French, British TV interviews which I did. I haven't seen any of them but I am sure they're "out there somewhere".

But I did get a hold of one I did for Spanish-language Telemundo and an entertainment show titled "Acceso Total" where I gave a fun tour (in Spanish) to reporter Edgardo Gazcon. You can Click HERE to watch that segment.

In addition, I also gave a "TV Tour" to Japanese-language UTB (United Television Broadcasting Systems, Inc.) for KSCI-TV Channel 18. UTB is the first Japanese-language TV station based in the United States. The station first began in Los Angeles in 1971. The station covers the 16 million population of Southern California, and UTB is watched by over 3 million people, including Japanese, Japanese Americans, other Asian nationalities, and they wanted to do a TV segment on the Oscar-nominated Costumes as well as the fabulous FIDM "Art of Motion Picture Costume Design" Exhibition.

Click BELOW to watch the UTB Hollywood/Japanese TV: Nick Verreos FIDM Oscars Costume Exhibition:

No comments:

Post a Comment