Monday, April 18, 2011

Today Show Exclusive! Nick Verreos Wedding Gown Design for Kate Middleton!! Video + Photos and Sketch!!!


Fit for a Royal Bride...


Blushing Princess Bride: Model Kasie in my "Kate Middleton Wedding Gown" design, Today Show

This morning, on NBC's "Today Show", in the run-up to the upcoming Prince William and Kate Middleton Royal Wedding, the show had a fun & fabulous segment featuring original one-of-a-kind wedding gown designs by Project Runway designers.

As I noted in the previous posting, I was asked a week ago--along with four other Project Runway alumni, to create our "vision" for Kate Middleton's Wedding Gown. The segment--hosted by Anchor Natalie Morales and Today Show Fashion Editor Bobbie Thomas--showed each of our designs as well as our corresponding fashion illustrations.

Wedding Sketch: Nick Verreos "Kate Middleton Wedding Gown" original fashion illustration

Here, I have added some screen-cap photos from this morning's segment, of the wedding gown I designed and created (with the AMAZING help of my NIKOLAKI partner-in-design-crime David Paul--and my INVALUABLE seamstress. I am also including the entire video of the segment at the end of this post, in case you missed it...

Le Pockets: Model Kasie in my "Kate Middleton Wedding Gown" design, Today Show

The gown is an ivory silk ziberline column gown with a "Mermaid" silhouette featuring a pleated high-neck, strong shoulders, cap sleeves, side-front pockets (a girl's gotta have her pockets!) and a full pleated back train. It features a waist detail with hand-sewn Swarovski crystal beading for a "dash" of sparkle.

Couture Torso: Close-Up of beaded waist trim and pleated Bateau neckline of my "Kate Middleton Wedding Gown" design, Today Show

Hint Of Back: View of back of my "Kate Middleton Wedding Gown" design, Today Show

I was inspired by Architecture and wanted to design a gown that was structured yet elegant. I also considered Kate Middleton's penchant for showing her great figure (it was fitted, and had an open back) but still remained "Future Queen of England" appropriate (covering the shoulders and part of the arms).

To finish off the entire look, I added a full tulle veil (above photo) to go with the gown. Of course, I also needed a proper crown/tiara. I found the perfect one with crystals-and-pearls at Berger Beads in Downtown Los Angeles (They were so helpful!). It was wonderful seeing the gown on my model, Kasie (Love you Kasie!), on the Today Show and so happy how it all turned out!

And by the way: Visit myLifetime.com for information on "The Royal Private Sale" to win my original "Nick Verreos for Kate Middleton Wedding Gown"--as well as the other 4 Project Runway designers' one-of-a-kind dresses. Proceeds will go to charity.

And don't forget, WATCH TONIGHT'S Premiere of the Lifetime TV Movie "William & Kate: Let Love Rule" 9pm e/p.

Watch Today Show Project Runway Kate Middleton Wedding Gown Segment Below:


No comments:

Post a Comment